How to play Seven Card Stud Poker
Poker is a game, the beginning of which is accompanied by the distribution of a certain number of cards, face down or up. There are two (Texas Hold’em), five ( Omaha , Russian, Oasis poker) and six options for dealing cards ( Six-Card Poker ), and the game of Seven-Card Stud is also quite popular. Here, according to the rules of seven-card poker, each player receives seven cards, three of which are closed, that is, face down, four others are dealt directly. The object of the game is to collect the best hand out of five, out of the seven cards at his disposal.
Seven Card Stud Poker game rules
Seven Card Stud can be played by 2 to 8 players . In theory, if none of the players fold their cards before the last round, the maximum number of cards should be 7, but there will not be enough cards for all 8 players. The round goes clockwise, the dealer’s role goes in a circle, the “Baton” points to him.
According to the rules of the game of seven card stud, each player makes a mandatory bet before the cards are dealt, although this is not always the case. There are five rounds in the game, each of which is limited by the minimum or maximum bet.
- First round . As soon as the game begins, each player is dealt two cards, one of which is face down and the other is face up. There are two options to start the game. In the first option, the player with the lowest ranked face-up card must pay a small amount to open the game. Another option for opening the first round is the player with the highest value open card. In both cases, if two players have equal low or high rank cards, the one to the left of the dealer starts first.
- Round two . After the first round, each player receives their fourth card, face up. The first bet is placed on a player with a high rank card face up. In this and subsequent rounds of seven card poker, the first player to bet has the option to check. Once all bets are equal, the player receives another card.
- Round three . The fifth card is dealt again for each player, the round is opened by the player with the best card face up.
- Round four . Poker players receive a sixth card – face up, circle again.
- Fifth round . The seventh and final card is dealt face down. It is followed by the last round, after which, if necessary, a showdown is made.
For a showdown, at least two players must remain in the game. After the fifth round of betting, they show their cards, and the player with the best five out of seven cards wins the pot. If all the players, except one, have folded their cards, he automatically wins the game and takes the bank.